Accelerated Second Career Nursing Program
To be considered for the Second Career Program, applicants must have:
- Bachelor's or a graduate/advanced degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 GPA minimum (highly recommended)
Applicants must also complete the following prerequisites prior to application or complete them by the start of the program if offered admission:
- Prerequisites in general requirements and social sciences:
- English Composition
- Family Concepts*
- Normal Nutrition*
- Developmental Psychology*
- 2 social sciences (Courses must be taken in the following fields: anthropology, psychology, sociology)
- Prerequisites in clinical sciences: (All clinical science courses must have been completed within the past 7 years to qualify for program credit)
- Anatomy & Physiology*
- Pathophysiology* (6 credits) (Without 6 credits of pathophysiology, students must have credits in microbiology and/or genetics in addition to pathophysiology for a cumulative total of at least 6 credit hours)
For information on transferable coursework, please review Transfer Equivalencies.
* These courses may be satisfied through passing a proficiency exam. We encourage prospective students to complete any proficiency exams in the year in which you apply. Please note that all proficiency exams MUST be completed prior to May 31, 2016 for Fall 2016 Second Career program consideration. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
**Statistics must have been completed within the past five years at a 4-year institution. You may also satisfy the Statistics prerequisite through the DSST Exam. A MINIMUM score of 80 is required to earn credit for this prerequisite. Review the following website for information on the Principles of Statistics exam and the location of testing sites: getcollegecredit.com
The next Second Career Program cohort will start Winter 2016 (term starting January 2016). Please do not start the NursingCAS application at this time; the application will open in January 2015.
Please regularly check this webpage for additional details and/or updates regarding the Second Career Program.
See full academic program description.
Attend a Second Career Information Session to learn more.