Accelerated Second Career Nursing Program
- Bachelor's or a graduate/advanced degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 GPA minimum (highly recommended)
- Prerequisites in general requirements and social sciences:
- English Composition
- Family Concepts*
- Normal Nutrition*
- Developmental Psychology*
- Statistics (The statistics course must have been completed within the past five years at a 4-year institution)
- 2 social sciences (Courses must be taken in the following fields: anthropology, psychology, sociology)
- Prerequisites in clinical sciences:
- Anatomy & Physiology*
- Pathophysiology* (6 credits) (Without 6 credits of pathophysiology, students must have credits in microbiology and/or genetics in addition to pathophysiology for a cumulative total of at least 6 credit hours)
Undergraduate Admission Application
The next Second Career Program cohort will start Fall 2014. The application will most likely be available in August or September, 2013. Please check back for application information.
Application Required Supporting Material
Official transcripts from high school and all colleges previously attended for bachelor's and post-bachelor's degrees
SAT 1 or ACT (including writing test/section)
Send test score directly to the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor using the following:
If you did not take the SAT or the ACT in high school, these scores are not a required element of your application.
International students must also submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB. For details, see the Entrance Exams webpage.