Traditional BSN Program - Sophomore Transfer Students
- Completed all college-level prerequisite coursework including:
- English composition
- Introductory Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Organic Biochemistry
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Electives (7-8 credits)
- Courses with theory-base may transfer to School of Nursing programs as electives (e.g. anthropology, creative arts, economics, environmental issues, history, language, math, philosophy, psychology, sociology, science - genetics and/or microbiology recommended)
Prerequisite Coursework Notes:
- For information on transferable coursework, review Transfer Equivalencies.
- Sophomore-level transfer students may transfer up to 30 credits, including the prerequisite coursework, if offered admission.
- All prerequisite coursework must be complete by the start of the fall term if offered admission. However, applicants are strongly encouraged to complete both the Organic Biochemistry and Anatomy & Physiology courses before the summer enrollment.
Deadline to Apply
Selected Term on Application:
Undergraduate Admissions Application
Electronic submission via online application:
For additional details, please visit the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:
Application Required Supporting Material
Nursing Supplemental Form
In addition to the online application, please thoroughly complete the supplemental form, available at this link: Sophomore Transfer Supplemental Form and send it to:
Nursing Supplemental Form Important Notes
Resume & Essays
You will upload your resume and essays as part of the application.
Transcripts from high school and all colleges previously attended must be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1220 Student Activities Building
515 East Jefferson Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1316
SAT or ACT (including writing test/section)
Send test score directly to the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
If you did not take the ACT or the SAT as a high school student, these scores are not a required element of your application. Please email email@example.com if you have questions regarding this requirement.
International students must also submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB. For details, see the Entrance Exams webpage.