Michelle Pardee, DNP, FNP-BC
University of Michigan School of Nursing
400 North Ingalls Building
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482
Scholarly Expertise / Activity
- Runaway and homeless adolescents
- Pregnant and parenting teens
The focus of Ms. Pardee's clinical scholarship is adolescent medicine, with her primary interests centering around healthcare for runaway and homeless adolescents as well as pregnant and parenting teens. Acting on these interests, she currently practices in a school-linked health center as well as in a shelter for runaway and homeless adolescents. Ms. Pardee is also currently a co-investigator on a research initiative comparing an Event History Calendar to a standard adolescent history tool.
Current Research Grants and Programs:
- Evaluation of Adolescent Sexual Risk History Calendars. PI: K. Martyn PhD. Co-I: C. Darling-Fisher PhD: K.. Kristofik MSN; M. Pardee MS, I. Felicetti MLS; M. Guys MSN. MICHIN
- Testing a risk event history calendar intervention with adolescents. PI: K. Martyn PhD. Co-I: C. Darling-Fisher PhD; M. Pardee DNP(c); I. Felicetti MLS; A. Villarruel PhD; D. Ronis. NIH
Ms. Pardee teaches in first and second year graduate level clinical courses with ANP, FNP, and PNP students as well as in advanced health assessment courses. In addition to her classroom work, she serves as a clinical preceptor for graduate students at Ozone House and the Taylor Teen Health Clinic where she currently practices and mentors graduate students during the completion of the Master's research projects. As an instructor, Ms. Pardee's pedagogy centers around the idea that everyone is capable of learning and that it is her job to adapt her teaching strategies so that can happen. In addition, she believe that showing her passion for nursing and the nurse practitioner profession is important to motivating and educating future nurse practitioners.
Affiliations / Service
- Member, University of Michigan School of Nursing Faculty Practice Plan, 2002-present
- Member, University of Michigan School of Nursing Faculty Practice Plan Committee, 2003-2005; 2007-2009
- Member, University of Michigan Medical School Institutional Review Board (IRB), 2004-2007
- Member, Michigan Council of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty
- DNP, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2011
- MS, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1995
- BSN, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988
- Pardee, M. & Darling-Fisher, C. (in press). Preceptors and site visits. In Thomas, A; George, N; Kapustin, J (Eds.), NONPF Program Director Manual. Washington, DC: National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF).