News & Photo Gallery
School of Nursing News
For all School of Nursing news, visit the News Portal. Also housed here are archives for the School's two primary publications: Nursing Matters, a newsletter that helps the School's more than 12,000 alumni stay connected.
Alumni in the News
Read about some of the School of Nursing alumni who are living up to the University's motto through their recognition as the leaders and best.
- Greer Glazer, PhD (BSN 1976), has been named the next dean for the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing. Her appointment is effective Jan. 1, 2012. Dr. Glazer graduated summa cum laude with her a bachelor’s degree from U-M; read the full article.
- Stephen Strobbe (PhD 2009, MS 1998) and his colleagues at the University of Michigan Addiction Treatment Services published an article in the Journal of Addictions Nursing on the design, implementation, and evaluation of a pilot project for a buprenorphine clinic to help treat opioid addiction - read the article.
- Jo Eleanor Elliot (BSN 1947) was recognized by President Obama - read the full article.
- Suzanne Brouse (BSN 1958) was acknowledged by Leaders & Best publication - read the full article (Ms. Brouse on page 21).
- Peter Buerhaus (MS 1981) was appointed to serve as Chair of the National Health Care Workforce Commission which serves as a resource to Congress and the Administration on the challenges facing the healthcare workforce - read full article.
- Julie Sochalski (BSN 1975, MS 1979, PhD 1988) was appointed as Director for the Division of Nursing at the Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) - read full article.
- Debra Barksdale (PhD 2002) was the sole nurse appointed to the new Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sponsored by the United States government - read press release.
Photo Gallery of Past Events
Look through the photo galleries below to find familiar faces and images of warm memories!