Important Announcement: Transition in Student Services
UMSN has realigned our student services. Please see details below for where to go for what you need, and review the FAQs if you have additional questions.
The Undergraduate Studies Office
Third floor of the School of Nursing Building, 426 N. Ingalls, suite 3150.
The office provides services to all undergraduate students, including Second Career students. Services include the following:
- Undergraduate Student Advising: Our undergraduate advisors can be reached at UMSN-UndergradAdvisors@med.umich.edu or by calling 734-764-0092.
- Undergraduate Student Compliance and Undergraduate Student Clinical Placements: Services provided include notification and tracking for student compliance requirements, identification of clinical sites, placement of students in clinical agencies with faculty collaboration and onboarding for specific clinical placements. For UG compliance, contact UMSN-UndergradCompliance@med.umich.edu. For UG clinical placements, please contact UMSN-UndergradClinicalPlacement@med.umich.edu.
- GENESIS scholars: Lauren Clarkson (formerly Powers) works with the GENESIS scholars, located in the Undergraduate Studies Program Office on the third floor of School of Nursing Building. You can reach her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 734-764-8658.
- Student Resolutions Officer: Dr. Melissa Bathish is the new School of Nursing’s Student Resolutions Officer. Dr. Bathish will work closely with faculty and handle student issues such as honor code violations. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Undergraduate Honors Program: Dr. Jessie Casida continues to lead the Honors Program. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Second Career Faculty Lead: Professor Tina Leech is the faculty lead for the Second Career Program. Her email is email@example.com.
Graduate Student Services
The Practice and Professional Graduate Programs Office is located on the third floor of the 400 North Ingalls Building, suite 3160. This office provides services to all graduate students in our Masters and DNP programs. It also provides clinical placement, onboarding and compliance services for PhD students. All other needs of PhD students are provided through the PhD Program Director Dr. Ellen Smith. Services include:
- Graduate Student Advising: Our graduate advisors can be reached at UMSN-GradAdvisors@med.umich.edu. They provide general program advising, program plans, course overrides, career planning and professional development events.
- Graduate Student Compliance and Graduate Student Clinical Placements: Services provided include notification and tracking for student compliance requirements, identification of clinical sites, placement of students with faculty and preceptors for clinical experiences and onboarding for all placements. Please contact UMSN-GraduateClinicalPlacement@med.umich.edu.
- Graduate students should continue to contact their program lead for specific questions about academic programs or classes.
Admissions and Records
The former Office of Student, Academic, and Multicultural services (OSAMS) is now Admissions and Records. Admissions and Records is the point of contact for recruitment and prospective students.
Start thinking about...
U-M Student Services
Office of Student Affairs – source for a spectrum of student information including:
- Employment & Work Study Jobs
U-M All Things Academic
All Things Financial
International Student Services & Multi-Cultural Resources
Well Being And Support Services