Doctoral Student Organization (DSO)
The Doctoral Student Organization (DSO) is a student-led organization sponsored by the School of Nursing, structured to provide a forum for discussion of topics of common interest and to provide channels for communicating concerns to faculty and program directors.
Our Mission as a student organization is to address the specific academic, professional, and social needs of the doctoral nursing students in an informal and meaningful way.
- Provide mentorship for all incoming doctoral students
- Plan presentations for the doctoral nursing students that serve their educational planning needs
- Provide a fun and social environment for doctoral nursing students to meet and socialize
- Present opportunities for the doctoral nursing students to share their experiences around the cultural nuances of nursing and nursing research
- Research Responsibility Program
- CSCAR Workshops
- ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods
- ISR Summer Institute in Survey Research Techniques
- Medsearch - Library Search Engine
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- National Institute of Mental Health
For a comprehensive collection of reference links for students, visit the School of Nursing’s Current Students Gateway.