Do you have an issue you'd like to see addressed on this page? Let us know at email@example.com!
When I log in, I don't see a tab for a course I'm taking, and it doesn't show up in the "More" drop-down menu.
There are several options.
- You are a member of the course, but the site isn't showing up on your tabs. Click the "My workspace" tab, then "Worksite Setup." In the upper-right, choose "Show 200 items per page." This will show the first 200 sites you're a member of. If you don't see your course on this screen, go to #2.
- Your instructor has not published the course CTools site yet. Let your instructor know you can't see her CTools site. She can check and see if you are on the class roster. If you are on the class roster, she may need to publish the site before you can see it.
- You are not listed as a member of the course. This could happen because you are not registered for the course, or because you registered within the last 36 hours. Check with the registrar to be sure you are registered for the course and let your instructor know you can't see her CTools site.
I have too many tabs for older and unused course and project sites. Can I get rid of them?
- When I try to build a site, my course isn't listed under "choose a roster."
- No students are appearing in my course under "Site Info."
- How can I change the order of the tools on the left side of my course?
- I have too many tabs for older and unused course and project sites. Can I get rid of them?
- Students say they can't find the tab for my course.
When I try to build a site, my course isn't listed under "choose a roster."
This usually happens when the Registrar does not have you listed as the instructor of record for a particular course. You have two options:
- Have your division director notify the Registrar that you are the instructor of record for the course. Wait a few days and try making your course again.
- Proceede with making your course in the usual fashion and add the roster later. You'll need to take a few extra steps by hand.
- Click "Add a course(s) and/or section(s) not listed above..." and input the name/number/section of your course by hand. BE SURE you use the correct format: NURS 123 001 F07, where "123" is the course number and "001" is the section number.
- You will be asked to include the username of an "Authorizer." This is usually your division director; Ctools will check with this "authorizer" to verify that you are affiliated with the course.
- Within about 48 hours, you should notice that the students in your course are appearing within the CTools site.
- In the meantime, you can continue to set up your course as per usual. DO NOT manually add students to your course at this time; they will appear automatically when CTools associates the correct roster with your course site.
Students say they can't find the tab for my course.
Do ALL of the following steps:
- Log into your CTools site.
- Look in the upper left corner. Does it say "Unpublished site"?
- If yes, you need to publish your site. Click "Site Info" on the left side, then "Manage Access" near the top. Check the box for "Publish Site" and click "Update."
- If no, continue with the directions below.
- Click "Site Info" and scroll down. Does the student appear on the list?
(Remember, only the first 20 students and instructors are shown - be sure to look at all the pages of student names.)
- If no students at all appear on the list, there is probably no roster associated with this course. See instructions below.
- If some students appear, but this student doesn't, the student probably isn't registered for the course (or registered in the last 48 hours). Have the student verify with the registrar that they are, in fact, registered for the class. DO NOT add the student to the course by hand unless the registrar can't resolve the issue.
No students are appearing in my course under "Site Info."
There are two likely causes:
- No students are officially registered for your course yet.
- No roster is "associated" with your course yet. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following message:
"Please associate the roster for NURS 123, section 001, for Fall '07 with my CTools site 'NURS 123 001 F07.' Thank you, [your name], [your uniquname]"
How can I change the order of the tools on the left side of my course?
This is not possible at this time.